So hackers hack an FBI laptop containing millions of identifiers and user data from iOS devices. One can assume FBI had that data to “protect” citizens (e.g. track bad guys), but this shows how easy it can be to turn the security machine on itself.
Take heed for future dystopias - the big brother state is not just about unfair state surveillance, it’s about creating machinery that hackers can use to fight back against “the system”. The analogy with guns is - if you keep a gun at home, it may as well be used by the intruder as by yourself. Security goes both ways.
Read the pastebin release, it’s fucking brilliant.
- notevensurewhy reblogged this from worsethandetroit
- chead reblogged this from thedevilontheradio
- thedevilontheradio reblogged this from worsethandetroit
- pauloctanephotography likes this
- worsethandetroit reblogged this from ripperdoc and added:
- advocacycanine reblogged this from ripperdoc
- advocacycanine likes this
- neuromaencer likes this
- officeguy said: sitting here wondering if anyone else really understands what this means.
- officeguy likes this
- cruisingwithgunhead said: The question is where you keep your gun…
- grimdark-dogtier reblogged this from ripperdoc
- grimdark-dogtier likes this
- ripperdoc posted this